HEALTH AND DEVELOPMENT
Description and objectives
The Section pursues sustainability through the identification and solution of problems related to health and human development.
Its aim is to address these issues in the light of the concept of health promoted by the World Health Organization, which defines it as “Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and consists not only in the absence of illness or of infirmity”.
Therefore, health is an action not only in terms of therapy and / or recovery solutions when an illness has already occurred, but it is also the identification of early elements of alteration and / or the development models that can produce better results in terms of health and sustainability.
The core mission of the Section, open to further contributions, is reached by combining different skills, as the Section is attended by experts in the health, psycho-work, economic and humanistic fields. This creates the premises for the development of task forces that can address the issue of sustainability as a whole, in the field of health and human development, through shared and complementary strategies that allow adaptations to different environmental, social, geographical, economic, epidemiological, gender, age contexts.
Areas of interest
The skills of the components of the Sections can be expressed and used in a wide range of operational contexts, such as:
Health care, sexual and reproductive health; clinical and imaging diagnostics; consumption of alcohol, tobacco and drugs; analysis of environmental health; epidemiology and toxicology; information, education and food security; health planning; health and wellness; mental health and psychophysical wellbeing; selection, training, development and maintenance of health personnel, with particular reference to developing countries; activation and transfer to the territory of mobile health facilities; analysis of the social determinants of health in development contexts and in the context of climate and environmental changes; quality control issues; protection of intellectual property; analysis, study and interventions aimed at the promotion and social inclusion of weak categories and groups, especially women and young people; economic inequality and health; prevention and promotion of public health; community medicine; medicine and psychology of work; health and safety in the workplace; sports medicine and psychology; medicine and psychology of particular environments (hyperbaric, hypobaric, microgravitational, confined, etc.); psychophysiology of human behavior, etc.; correlation between music and health as a function of an ecology of the mind and of the relationship; multiculturalism and sustainability through the definition of an observatory of multicultural societies and territorial integration projects; network design and activation of local creative workshops; elaboration of an interdisciplinary platform designed as a function of an inter-connection of the medical-clinical, psychological, anthropological, sociological aspects treated in the unit.
Composition of the Section
Via Maestro Colantonio 2, 80129 Napoli
Pantaleo De Marco
- Integrated Projects (research, services, training);
- Research: Basic, preclinical and clinical research in the biomedical field both in Italy and abroad, with the development and application of research methods and clinical laboratory routines, on cell cultures, tissues and organs ex vivo; preclinical research on animals. Clinical research, including activities derived from the development and use of high-tech prototype equipment. Participation in the design, organization and commissioning of diagnostic departments for images with preparation of sections for both routine image diagnostics and for diagnostics performed with high-tech equipment. Hyper and hypobaric psychophysiology research. Search for correlations between personality and performance factors. Elaboration and implementation of organization and management models of MSW. Clinical research also carried out through a network of national and international connections;
- Educational and training activities: Topics – various sectors of Biology, Physiology, Medicine, Psychology and Social Sciences. Target: general population, personnel and technicians in the health sector and various professional fields, students – different orders and grades, post-graduate students, research doctorates, masters;
- Participation in Universities and Institutions: Associazione Italiana di Medicina Nucleare e Imaging Molecolare – AIMN (Italian Association of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging); CGIAR FAO and World Bank Consortium; European Association of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging (EANM); European School of Nuclear Medicine (ESNM), National Institutes of Health; Global Health International Advisors Group (GHIA); Group for the Foresight on the theme of water with the CNR at the University of Pisa; International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA); Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori di Napoli (National Cancer Institute of Naples); Pan American Health Organization; Seconda Università di Napoli (Università della Campania “Luigi Vanvitelli”); Italian Society of Health Horizon Scanning (SIHHS); Società Italiana Rischio Clinico – SIRIC (Italian Society of Clinical Risk); UNIDO, Vienna; Università Magna Graecia di Catanzaro;
- Editorial activity: Chief Editor, Co-Editor in Chief, Book Review Editor, Consulting Editor, Editorial Board components of numerous International and National magazines. Authors of numerous publications (articles and books) at national and international level, translated into numerous languages (Chinese, French, English, Spanish, etc.);
- Communication activities (especially using thematic webinars).